SYRIAN BUSINESS FORUM
Lebanon’s Opportunities and Challenges in the Reconstruction of Syria
The destruction of historical Syrian cities has reached unprecedented levels as the Syrian Crisis goes into its sixth year and international actors enter the conflict. Against the backdrop of the special relationship between Lebanon and Syria and their close political, economic, and social ties, IFP organized a specialized forum around Lebanon’s Opportunities and Challenges in the Reconstruction of Syria.
This unique conference explored eventual efforts in the reconstruction and development of the Syrian infrastructure, the available possibilities and options to launch construction projects, and Lebanon’s expected role in this context. The conference welcomed the United Nations (UN) organizations involved in the Syrian situation including representatives of the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), in addition to a select group of leading architects, contractors, businesspeople, and investors from Lebanon and Syria, as well as Arab and international diplomats and government officials.
Syrian Business Forum 2016 Speakers:
- Eng. Neemat Frem - CEO - INDEVCO Group
- H.E. Nicolas Nahas
- Dr. Khaled Abou Ismail - Chief of Economic Development and Poverty Section - UNESCWA
- Dr. Denise Sumpf - First Economic Affairs Officer - UNESCWA
- Dr. Nabil Sukar – Owner & Managing Director Syrian Consulting Bureau for Development & Investment
- Eng. Maroun Helou – President – The Lebanese Contractors Association
- Eng. Khaled Chehab – President – Lebanese Order of Engineers & Architects